McGill Mental Health Service will not communicate information about any individual to any outside party without obtaining the individual's expressed consent, whether consent is implied or directly given by the individual or by an authorized representative on behalf of the individual, or where law requires a disclosure of such information.
Appropriate measures are taken to protect all personal information** that the visitor to the website may disclose via direct contact with the managers of the website or through our feedback forms. Only staff members requiring personal information in compliance with our previous criteria will be granted access to any stored personal information.
*Anonymous is defined as any information collected that is used for our own purposes will not have any specific identifying markers attached to it.
**Personal information is defined as any information that can be used to specifically identify a particular. However, it is important to note that individual information accessible through the public domain such as business or personal contact information is not considered to be personal information.
© Copyright 2015
1. Use of the screening, and of the McGill Mental Health Service website in general, implies an acceptance of all of the terms and conditions outlined by McGill University/McGill Mental Health Service and all of its affiliates.
2. This site is owned and operated by McGill Mental Health Service and will be referred to as "we," "our," "McGill Mental Health Service," and "McGill University" interchangeably throughout the entirety of the website, including the screening tool.
3. The screening tool is designed to help guide students of McGill in the navigation of mental health resources that are available to help them by providing general feedback to those who fill out the questionnaire.
4. Use of any feedback, information, etc. provided by the screening tool or website requires discretion on the user's behalf. Any feedback generated by the screening tool or information found on the website or through an external or non-university link cannot, under any circumstance, be used to stand in for an official diagnosis made by a mental health professional, be used to replace an appointment with a mental health professional, or be used as a treatment plan.
5. Any content, photographs, illustrations, and all other materials on the website cannot be reproduced without the expressed consent of the provider.
6. Any links to external or non-university sources do not represent the endorsement or sponsorship of McGill Mental Health Service for those websites nor for any products, information, and/or services they may offer/provide.
7. McGill Mental Health Service makes efforts to verify the accuracy the content found on all of its webpages. However, we cannot assure, and are not obligated to ensure, that all information found on our website, or that any information obtained through external and/or non-university sources is complete and accurate.
8. McGill Mental Health Service disclaims all liability, under any circumstance, from the correct and/or incorrect use of any of its websites even if McGill Mental Health Service or a representative of McGill Mental Health Service has been made aware of said liability. Users of this website agree that the relationship between themselves and McGill University shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Province of Quebec.The users of this website also acknowledge that the service provided by this website originates in the Province of Quebec and that the Courts of the Province of Quebec shall have jurisdiction to entertain any complaint, demand, claim or cause of action, whether based on alleged breach of contract or alleged negligence arising out of the service provided by this website. The users of this website hereby agree that they will commence any such legal proceedings in the Province of Quebec - and only in the Province of Quebec - and hereby submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of the Province of Quebec.
9. These terms and conditions can be amended at any time and without notice by McGill Mental Health Service/McGill University.
© Copyright 2015